Drupal is a very flexible CMS, it allows adding live chat directly without additional modules. Such direct integration guarantees faster performance while additional modules may slow the website down. The integration process is very simple and does not require additional technical knowledge.
To integrate the live chat service with your Drupal-based website you need to have an account in Provide Support system. If you have not had a chance to register with us yet and test out the service with free 10-day fully functional trial, please create an account.
Now you are ready to start Provide Support Live Chat and Drupal integration process.
- First of all you need to generate the code for the live chat button. We recommend using the code tied to a fixed position on your browser screen. This code can be added to any theme part and your click-to-chat button will appear in defined in the code position. You can get the chat button code by following My Account / Chat Button Codes page in your Provide Support account Control Panel, where you need to choose 'Fully Featured Chat Button Code with Uploadable Online / Offline Images' and check 'Generate a floating chat button code' box. You'd also need to define vertical and horizontal values for your live chat button position.
- Now log into your Drupal admin panel and follow there Structure / Blocks section.
- Click 'Add Block' button.
- In the form for creating the block enter Block description and title (optional).
- To the Block body insert your chat button code.
- For the text format choose 'Full HTML'.
- Under 'Region Settings' define the position for the chat block in your theme. We recommend adding it to the footer as this will ensure the code does not slow down your website performance.
- Save the block.
After performing the above steps your click-to-chat button will appear in the position defined on the Step 1.
You may upload custom image for your chat button or choose any set of images from our live chat icons gallery in your Provide Support account Control Panel, Account Settings / Images page.
After completing the integration you will be able to take advantage of Real Time Visitor Monitoring, Traffic Stats and many more live chat features.