Live Chat button code can be added to your osCommerce website in two ways: through admin panel using osCommerce banner manager or directly to website template through FTP or CPanel client. The fastest way to integrate Provide Support Live Chat software will be by using our floating chat button code. It allows placing your click-to-chat button to a fixed position on the browser window. In our gallery you will find various vertical live chat button images and nice icons which can be placed to your website top or bottom corners.
Adding Live Chat button through Banner Module
Please follow this guide to add your chat button via osCommerce Banner Module:
- Generate your chat button code. For this purpose follow to My Account / Chat Button Codes page in your Provide Support account Control Panel and choose there 'Fully Featured Chat Button Code with Uploadable Online / Offline Images' then check 'Generate a floating chat button code' and specify vertical and horizontal position.
- In your osCommerce admin panel open Tools / Banner Manager page.
- Click 'New Banner' button to create a new banner.
- Insert a title for your banner and add the chat button code to the HTML text field.
- Save changes
Direct Live Chat and osCommerce integration
- Connect to your FTP or CPanel client
- Open there oscommerce / includes directory
- Find footer.php file there and open it for editing. You can use Notepad or any other HTML editor for this
- Insert the chat button code at the very bottom of it
- Save changes and upload footer.php file back to your FTP or CPanel
Useful Tips & Tricks
- You can add your click-to-chat button to your email newsletters using Tools / Newsletter Manager
- If you would like to change your live chat icon, you can do this on Account Settings / Images page in your Provide Support account Control Panel. On that page you can also upload your Company logo to your chat window header.
- To start assisting your website visitors in real time, you need to download and install the operator console, then log into it with your operator credentials.