Provide Support Live Chat software can be easily added to your Zen Cart based website. There are two possible ways of integration - direct integration with website template and adding click-to-chat button via available with Zen Cart banner module. For direct integration you'd need to use our floating chat button code, which lets your live chat button appear at a fixed position on your browser window. When adding your live chat button to a banner module, you can use either floating code or our standard code. With our standard script your chat button will appear in a position you assign to your module.
- First of all you need to generate our floating chat button code. You can do this on My Account / Chat Button Codes page in your account Control Panel where you need to choose 'Fully Featured Chat Button Code with Uploadable Online / Offline Images' and check 'Generate a floating chat button code'. Your click-to-chat button will appear in the position you define in vertical and horizontal fields.
- You'd need to choose most suitable live chat button images from our gallery or upload your own set of icons on Account Settings / Images page.
- Now log into your FTP or CPanel to proceed with integration.
- Find Includes directory there.
- Open Templates / Template_Default / Common folder.
- In Common folder open for editing tpl_footer file. You can use Notepad or another HTML editor for this purpose. Then insert your Provide Support Live Chat Button Code at the very bottom of tpl_footer file.
- Now save changes and upload tpl_footer file back to your FTP or CPanel.
- That's it! You can now check how your live chat button looks
Integration via Banner Module
- Log into your Zen Cart admin
- Follow there Tools / Banner Manager menu
- Click 'New Banner' button to create a new banner
- Define a title for your banner and insert your chat button code to the HTML Text box. You can either use our codes available on My Account / Chat Button Codes page or generate a floating script as described in the first step of 'Direct Integration' guide.
- Save changes and check how your live chat button looks.
Useful Tips & Tricks
- To start assisting your website visitors download and install the operator console, then log into it with your operator credentials
- You can add No Script Chat Button Code using EZ-pages tool of your Zen Cart
- You can add your click-to-chat button to your Newsletters via Tools / Newsletter and Product Notifications Manager. Please use for this purpose Provide Support Chat Button or Link for Emails code. You will find it on My Account / Chat Button Codes page. The code should be added to Rich Text Content box