- We recommend using our Floating Chat Button Code, which can be added to a fixed position in your browser window. To get this code, please follow My Account / Chat Button Codes page in your Provide Support account Control Panel and choose there 'Fully Featured Chat Button Code with Uploadable Online / Offline Images' then check 'Generate a floating chat button code' and specify vertical and horizontal position for your chat button.
- Now you can choose most suitable image for your click-to-chat button. You can do this on the Account Settings / Images page. Alternatively, you can upload there your custom live chat button image.
- Now log into your Squarespace admin panel and choose there Settings / Advanced / Code Injection option
- Insert your live chat button code to a footer section
- Save changes. Your live chat button will appear on all pages in defined position
- If you would like to pass additional variables to your operator console from the Order Confirmation page you can take advantage of our Passing Information Code which can be used for this purpose. Your agents in their consoles will see additional details in the Custom Fields column.
- Ask your customers to leave a feedback with help of Post Chat Survey which is fully customizable and pops up after the chat window exiting.
- Utilize proactive chat invitation to offer your customers assistance.