If you are experiencing one of the following problems with the chat console:
- the console keeps connecting to no avail
- the console returns the message "Cannot connect to ProvideSupport Chat Server"
- you get disconnected while already online
- any abnormal behavior, such as slow performance, freezing, delays in messages posting etc.
this may mean that ESET antivirus is scanning and blocking, either partially or fully, the operator chat client. To resolve the issue, you need to white list the chat service with ESET. The procedure is simple, see the steps below:
- Open ESET NOD32 dashboard
- Click Setup >> "Web and Email"
- Below "Web access and antiphishing protection" click Configure
- From the pane on the left click "HTTP, HTTPS" >> "URL address management"
- In the active window on the right from the drop-down list select "List of addresses excluded from filtering"
- Click the button Add at the bottom of the window, enter *.providesupport.com (including the asterisk)
- Below the Address list select the checkbox List active to activate the list
- Click OK at the bottom of the window to confirm the changes
On entering the domain name at step 6, make sure not to omit the wildcard before the domain name. The wildcard is important, as we must allow all subdomains under the main domain providesupport.com through ESET security.
If after this any performance problems continue, it may also be necessary to exclude the agent app application from scanning. Follow these steps:
- Once again open ESET NOD32 dashboard
- Click Setup >> Computer
- Below "Real-time file system protection" click "Edit Exclusions"
- Click the button Add and enter the path to the file ProvideSupportConsole.exe or select it in the tree structure (default path is C:\Program Files\Provide Support\ Live Support Chat for Web Site)
- Click OK
Make sure to restart the agent app after making the necessary changes.