The cost of losing customers differs wildly between businesses, but it gets even higher if a customer is lost due to poor customer service experiences. No doubt, customer service has a long-term impact on buying decisions, with customers continuing to avoid companies years after the initial negative interaction.
But what’s more, social media and online review websites enable bad service stories to be shared not only with family, friends or colleagues, but also with the general public affecting other potential customers. Which definitely means future lost sales for businesses, because:
- 95% of customers share bad experiences with others, 54% share bad experiences with 5+ people, 45% share negative reviews on social media;
- 63% of consumers read negative reviews on social media;
- 88% of customers trust online reviews as much as they trust friends;
- A single negative online review can cost the average business an average loss of 30 customers.
The infographic below provides some impressive stats based on various studies to help you better understand how much losing customers due to poor customer service might cost your business. If you enjoy the infographic, make sure to share it with your colleagues!
If you would like to share this infographic on your blog or website, just copy the following code and paste it into your webpage source:
<a href="https://www.providesupport.com/blog/real-cost-of-losing-customers-due-to-poor-customer-service"> <img src="https://www.providesupport.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/The-Real-Cost-of-Losing-Customers-due-to-Poor-Customer-Service.jpg" alt="The Real Cost of Losing Customers due to Poor Customer Service [Inforgraphic from Provide Support]" width="1200" height="4616" border="0"/></a> <p>From: <a href="https://www.providesupport.com/">www.providesupport.com</a></p>
Provide Support is a leading customer service software provider, offering live chat and real-time visitor monitoring tool for businesses: www.ProvideSupport.com
Latest posts by Mary Shulzhenko (see all)
- The Future of Customer Experience: Top 10 Trends for 2018 and Beyond (Infographic) - December 28, 2017
- How Emotions Drive Customer Loyalty (Infographic) - November 21, 2017
- 5 Major Reasons Why Unhappy Customers Don’t Complain - November 1, 2017