The way your employees feel is the way your customers will feel. And if your employees don’t feel valued, neither will your customers. – Sybil F. Stershic
Companies like Zappos, Southwest Airlines and Ritz-Carlton Hotels have one thing in common – they are worldwide famous for providing excellent customer service and having friendly employees. Their employees are obviously passionate about their work and are willing to go the extra mile to help customers.
“Employee engagement is the emotional commitment the employee has to the organization and its goals. This emotional commitment means engaged employees actually care about their work and their company. They don’t work just for a paycheck, or just for the next promotion, but work on behalf of the organization’s goals.” – Kevin Kruse – NY Times Bestselling Author, Keynote Speaker
When employees are engaged, they truly care about customers, deliver better service and brand advocacy, and they are less likely to leave their jobs. While organizations enjoy better employee productivity and increased revenue:
- Highly engaged employees are 38% more likely to have above-average productivity. (Workplace Research Foundation)
- Companies with engaged employees, outperform those without by 202%. (Dale Carnegie)
- Increasing employee engagement investments by 10% can increase profits by $2,400 per employee, per year. (Workplace Research Foundation)
The benefits of building an engaged workforce are undeniable, yet so many companies haven’t made the investment yet. In fact, only about 25% of business leaders have an employee engagement strategy. The infographic below offers 12 ideas for improving engagement of your customer service agents, that can also be applied to employees working in other departments.
Do you have any other effective employee engagement tactics to share? Feel free to post your suggestions through the comments section.
If you would like to share this infographic on your blog or website, just copy the following code and paste it into your webpage source:
<a href="https://www.providesupport.com/blog/how-to-get-your-customer-service-employees-to-care-about-customers"> <img src="https://www.providesupport.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/How-to-Get-Your-Customer-Service-Employees-to-Care-about-Customers.png" alt="How to Get Your Customer Service Employees to Care About Customers [Inforgraphic from Provide Support]" width="1200" height="3276" border="0"/></a> <p>From: <a href="https://www.providesupport.com/">www.providesupport.com</a></p>
Provide Support is a leading customer service software provider, offering live chat and real-time visitor monitoring tool for businesses: www.ProvideSupport.com
Latest posts by Mary Shulzhenko (see all)
- The Real Cost of Losing Customers due to Poor Customer Service (Infographic) - October 12, 2017
- 4 Key Personality Traits for A Perfect Customer Service Representative - September 27, 2017
- Social Media Customer Service Stats and Trends You Need to Know (Infographic) - September 6, 2017