This is a panel located in the stand-alone Operator Console, above the Info Pane. This panel allows to type and send chat messages from the Console. It is visible only when at least one chat session is opened in the Console.
The panel contains:
- Input Tool Bar - a set of tools used for message composing;
- Message Input Area - an area for message typing;
- Send Message Button - a button for sending a message to the visitor;
- Typing Status Pane - a panel displaying "party is typing" notification and time of the latest message received from the visitor.
There is also the Message Input Area Context Menu which can be opened by right clicking on the Message Input Area.
Input Tool Bar contains the following commands:
- Canned Responses Button - opens the Canned Responses window for choosing and pasting a canned message to the Message Input Area;
- Select Smiley Button - opens the emoticons menu for choosing and pasting an emoticon to the Message Input Area;
- Cut Button - cuts the highlighted text from the Message Input Area to the clipboard;
- Copy Button - copies the highlighted text from the Message Input Area to the clipboard;
- Paste Button - pastes the text stored in the clipboard to the Message Input Area;
- Undo Button - cancels the latest modification made in the Message Input Area;
- Redo Button - repeats the latest cancelled modification made in the Message Input Area;
- Send File Button - opens the Send File dialog for transferring a file to the visitor.