Today email correspondence is integral part of any business workflow. Every day we send multiple emails to communicate with our customers and prospects. Very often people who contact you by email are not aware of other communication channels they can use to get in touch. Online live chat button in your email signature will show that your customer care team is ready to assist right away.
Instructions for adding the chat button to your email signature in Microsoft Outlook are approximately the same for the Outlook versions 2007 and higher. Please follow the below steps if you would like to add the chat button to your HTML emails signature.
- Open the Signature editor in Outlook Tools / Options / Mail format / Signatures
- Then create a new signature and name it. If you would like to use your current signature, please skip this step and proceed to the next step
- Copy your chat button code on the My Account / Chat Button or Link for Emails page in your Provide Support account Control Panel
- Find the HTML signature file in the folder C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures
- Open the HTML file with your HTML editor or Notepad
- Insert the chat button code for emails after this part:
<body lang=EN-US link=blue vlink=purple style=’tab-interval:.5in’><div class=Section1>Please add the code to the place where the chat button should appear taking into account your initial signature HTML formatting.
- Save changes
- Check how the chat button looks in your email signature
Please note! animated GIF as well as Flash images are not supported by Outlook 2007 and higher. In animated GIF the animation will be lost when displaying your chat button in these mail clients.
- We recommend uploading an image without animation. You can upload it on the Account Settings / Images page in your Provide Support account Control Panel. In case you would like to add a different set of images to your website pages, please use Graphics Chat Button Code with Different Images on Different Site Pages for this purpose.
- You can add the chat button to your HTML emails. For plain text emails you can use a direct link to your chat messenger, it has the following look: http://messenger.providesupport.com/messenger/your_account_name.html
- Our chat button code for emails does not support monitoring. But if you run marketing campaigns and send newsletters, you can pass additional variables with your chat messenger link to see which emails your customers have contacted you from. You can include these custom variables to your chat messenger link, e.g. http://messenger.providesupport.com/messenger/your-account-name.html?param1=value1¶m2=value2&...¶mN=valueN and they will appear in the Room Details tab of your operator console.