In today's highly competitive markets, any edge in sales or service you have over your competitors can make the difference in whether you gain or lose a sale. In this world of automated, touch-tone customer help systems, the ability to chat with a live person through a website is a standout feature. Having such a feature on your website, especially when a competitor doesn't, may be the crucial selling point that compels a potential customer to choose you over a competitor.
As the Internet has matured, online shoppers have become savvier and are expecting more from online sellers. Increasingly, they want their online transactions backed up with live customer support, just as they would have in a brick and mortar store. According to a poll by Andersen Consulting, almost 62 percent of Internet consumers said they would purchase more products online if live customer support were available.
Live sales and live support chat services are no longer the novelty they once were; they've matured into a serious sales and support tool. These days, if you're not using one of these services for your online store, it is possible you are missing out on valuable sales opportunities.
Typically, there is not much to set up in terms of software. The service is set up by pasting a short snippet of HTML into the web page source code. This code causes a "Live Chat Request" button to appear when the page is loaded. The code also notifies you, through the hosted chat server, that you have a visitor at your site.
From there, you can watch in real-time as the visitor moves through your site. At any point, you can proactively invite the customer to chat about your products or offer to answer questions, just as would a sales or customer support assistant in a brick and mortar store.
If a customer wants to initiate a chat, he or she clicks on the button on your website, which opens a private message window. The visitor fills in the information fields you've defined, adds a question, and then clicks on the "Start Chat" button. You receive the chat request, review the information, and decide whether to accept. If you do, a private chat window opens up, and your operator and visitor communicate with each other real-time via text messaging.
While you have the operator console open, the chat button on your site automatically changes to let visitors know you are available to chat. When the operator console is disabled or not running, the live chat button indicates that you are not currently online, but that a message can be left for you.
Your live chat service feature need not be made available to the general public. By placing the live chat button on a password protected page, you can set up the service as a private conferencing facility for your paying clients.
In this era of increased customer expectations, lengthy delays in email communications are becoming unacceptable. Many clients are hesitant to complete a purchase if they have even one unanswered question. Live support chat gives your customers answers to their questions on the spot in real-time, which increases customers' satisfaction level. One does not need a degree in marketing to know that satisfied customers are return customers.
Live chat fosters confidence in customers. If clients see a live chat button on your site, they will feel reassured that they will have easy access to a live person, even after the sale had been made. A chat button can be added to post-sales emails so that customers do not even have to return to your site to access your live support.
Many sales are lost at the point of ordering. Clients become worried about providing personal information during the purchasing process, leading them to abandon their shopping cart. With live support, you can assist them in completing sales by walking them through the process.
The tracking component of chat applications can also help you to understand more about your site and how well it is serving your visitors. You'll be able to improve your website's design, because you'll be able to see where visitors are going and which pages are holding their attention-and which ones aren't.
Live chat saves money because it eliminates the need to maintain an expensive toll-free customer support number. Fewer sales and support representatives are needed, since their time is used more efficiently. The chat system allows representatives to send prewritten responses to frequently asked questions and direct the customer's browser to pages containing requested information.
Provide Support chat hosting one of the least expensive live chat support services available. It's a fast, economical way to improve your sales and customer service without compromising quality!
Provide Support, based in New York, NY is dedicated to providing the very best quality service to web site owners. Provide Support CEO Sergey Skugarev says that live support chat is the main focus of his company. It's not merely an add-on package to some other service as offered by some of his competitors. The Provide Support team is wholly dedicated to maintaining and improving its system. Live Support Chat is their business; they're good at what they do; so naturally their service is the best!
Provide Support chat has a wide range of features:
- Easy Installation: chat functionality can be added with just few snippets of code added to your web page
- Customizable Chat Button: choose a professional-looking predefined chat button or you use your own
- Proactive Chat: initiate chats with website visitors
- Quick-loading Chat Window: well-tuned JAVA script makes this is a fast and smooth-running application
- Multiple Host Functionality: you can conduct private chats with several site visitors simultaneously
- Secure Operation: chats about sensitive information can be conducted securely using an encrypted channel
- Mobile Monitoring: chats can be conducted from any computer connected to the Internet, using the optional web-based operator console
- Chat Transcripts: complete transcripts of chat sessions can be automatically emailed to one or multiple addresses at the close of the sessions
- Customizable Chat Window: the customer chat window can be customized to fit the color and theme of your site
- "Canned" Messages: send customers pre-written answers to commonly asked questions
- Visitor Monitoring: receive a notification when a new visitor arrives at your site and monitor which pages he or she is viewing
- "Push" Pages: cause specific web pages to appear to prospective clients and visitors
- Active Chat Button: if no operators are available, the status of the chat button automatically changes to "leave a message"
Provide Support backs its online-hosted chat solution with a risk-free, 30-day money back guarantee. Sign up today for a 10-day, fully functional free trial to evaluate the impact of live support on your website. You'll be pleasantly surprised by the ease of set up, smoothness of operation, and just how easy it is to use. Your visitors will love your new approach to customer service.
- The 10 Guidelines for Optimizing your Tech Support Services
- How to Optimize Live Chat for Your Website
- The Etiquette of Live Support Chat
- Improving Customer Support
- How Live Chat Increases Satisfaction and Reduces Costs
- Customer Service Finds a Home in Cyberspace
- 10 Reasons to use Live Chat for Business