To add Provide Support live chat tool to your X-Cart 5 based website you need to add the code for a live chat button to your front page and other pages which you would like to display your live chat button at. By following the below steps you will setup the live chat on your website within several minutes:
- First of all you need to get the code for your live chat button. You can do this on the My Account / Chat Button Codes page in your Provide Support account Control Panel. Choose there 'Fully Featured Chat Button Code with Uploadable Online / Offline Images' and check 'Generate a floating chat button code'. Then define vertical and horizontal position for your live assistance button.
- To add a click-to-chat button to your front page log into your X-Cart admin and follow Catalog / Front Page there.
- Insert the script you generated on the first step to your front page using X-Cart HTML editor. You can add it anywhere, the chat button will be displayed at the position defined within the code.
- Click 'Update' button and save changes.
- On the Content / Pages page you can edit your X-Cart pages and insert the chat button code to those pages where you would like to have your live assistance button. You can also use Hidden Code for Visitor Monitoring which is available on the My Account / Chat Button Codes page in your Provide Support account Control Panel if you would like only to monitor your website pages without displaying the live chat button. The script can be added the same way as to the website front page.
- After adding the code, save changes and check how the live chat button looks on your website.
You have successfully added the code, now check these tips & tricks which will help you to customize your live chat tool and start offering live chat assistance to your website visitors:
- Check available live chat icons in our gallery and choose any set or upload your custom ones on the Account Settings / Images page
- Customize your Pre-chat and Leave a Message forms on Account Settings / Start Chat Form Fields and Account Settings / Leave a Message Form Fields pages
- Add departments and edit your operator profiles on the My Account / Operators and Departments page
- Create predefined responses for your representatives on the My Account / Canned Responses page
- Download and install the operator console then log into it with your operator credentials to appear online